We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Constitution of South Africa, the Protection of Personal Information Act (when promulgated), the Consumer Protection Act and Electronic Communications and Transactions Act and other applicable data protection laws in South Africa).
We collect information about you to provide you with the best possible service and to tell you about related services from us and marketing about ourselves and third parties (but we will not give your details to those third parties without your consent), all as further explained in this policy.
Here are some examples of the data we collect and reasons why:
- When you register for the Service you are asked to provide your name, email address password and the region in which you are likely to shop - this helps us recognise you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service.
- When you give us your email address when you register with us (or at any other time) you are giving us your consent to receive emails from us, which can be about:
- Information to do with the services we offer
- Marketing (being details of either our own or third party promotions, vouchers or special deals - although we will never pass your email address to those third parties). You always have the option to later unsubscribe from certain types of (or all) marketing emails, although if you do this, we may keep your email address on our files for analysis purposes or because you use other services of ours.
- We keep a record of items you purchased in your shopping list, thus allowing you to shop more quickly on future visits.
- We keep a record of the contents of your shopping baskets between shopping sessions. This allows you to continue compiling shopping sessions that you may not have completed.
- We keep track of your emails and contacts with customer support, so that we can provide you with a responsive and efficient service.
- We offer a free blog. When you provide us with your email address we automatically send the blog to you. You have the option to unsubscribe but we may keep your email address on our files for analysis purposes or because you use some of our other services.
- We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the Website, Service or ourselves, any testimonials you provide us with about the Website, the Service or ourselves - and we may append to the testimonial your first name (but not your surname) and general geographic location (e.g. City or locale).
- If you have been referred to us by another website, we may keep a record of the website that referred you so that we may work out which websites refer more or less users to retailpricewatch.co.za. We may also have referral arrangements with websites and referrers and we may use this data to fulfil obligations that we may have to these websites or referrers.
- We collect and track statistical non-personal information about shopping habits, goods and service preferences and selections which customers have made for the purpose of business research and for the general improvement of the Service.
We will never give your personal data over to any third party (whether by giving it, selling it or renting) for their marketing purposes without your consent.
We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties without obtaining your prior consent if we are required to do so by law.
Please note that we may e-mail for the following purposes:
- As part of the Service
- after registration for the Service, notifying you of your registration details;
- as reminder emails about the services we offer (particularly if you have not used them yet or not used them for a while;
- to send you information which you have asked for (for example, you may have elected to receive blogs or information on offers from Supermarkets), although we will always give you the chance to unsubscribe from these; and
- to offer related services to you. However, in terms of any marketing emails we may send, we will always give you the chance to opt-out (or unsubscribe) from any marketing email from us in the future.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
Our Website and Service use "cookies" (and, in certain circumstances, "flash cookies") technology to store data in your computer using the functionality of your browser. The information stored in the cookie is used to identify you. This enables us to operate an efficient service and to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website.